Monday, May 24, 2010

LAST DAY IN IRELAND!

As I write this blog I am feeling overwhelming excitement. I feel like I could jump out of my skin, partly because I just had a latte and a huge rice krispie treat with chocolate on top, but more because I absolutely cannot wait to come home tomorrow.

This has been THE experience of a lifetime, and I would not take it back for anything. I have learned so much while I have been here. I have learned to be more independent and confident. I have learned to just go for things, although I may not know the outcome. I feel like I am so much more willing to step outside of my comfort zone and take risks now. Although I had Stephanie here with me, there was so much time I was alone. I am usually very much a people-person and get very bored while I am alone, but this experience has helped me to cherish a quiet moment and to use this time to relax and reflect instead of thinking of the next thing to be accomplished.

I have seen SO many beautiful things here, and I have met people who are kind, loving, and caring- people whom I will never forget. As my Uncle Jeff put it, "What a great time and such a beautiful country to top it off, an unbelievable ring as well. A trip of a lifetime." I will never forget how much this experience has done for me, and I am infinitely grateful that I have been able to take a chance that many people don't get.

But with all these things being said, the most important thing I have learned here is how important my home is- most importantly my friends and family. "Home is where the heart is" is now one of my new favorite quotes. I have realized how much I take for granted the daily comforts of life; such as small things like being able to hop in the car and run a quick errand, to bigger things like feeling safe, and having friends and family who love and care for me. I have a greater appreciation now for my immediate surroundings, even if they happen to be on flat ground with not much to see. Although green grass, mountains, and sea are beautiful to be surrounded by, family and friends are without a doubt the more beautiful things in life.

With this being said, I cannot wait to get home and catch up with the people I love. I am thrilled to begin planning a wedding with Andrew, and to start a new chapter of my life. I can't wait to walk my dogs, start working again, sit on the couch with friends while being unproductive, and to just live a normal life again. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to read my blog, and comfort me during my homesick moments. I love you all!

Indiana, sin anall liom!
Which is Irish for:
Indiana, here I come :)

3 comments:

  1. Kacy
    I'm at work reading your blog as usual!!! This is the highlight of my nights. 911 is not near as exciting as your blogs. However this one made me cry, Thanks Alot!! I'm so happy for you what an amazing experience. I'm so glad those people were nice to you, but WE WANT YOU BACK!!! The kids can't wait to see you Saturday, Lexi asked me today how many more days. Love You!! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kacy,
    I'm so thankful you had an awesome experience, however we can't wait for you to back home again in Indiana!!! Have safe travels today and see you soon.
    Love you,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great keeping up with you, I wish I could be there to welcome you back.

    ReplyDelete