Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday, May 23

I'm just now getting ready to go to bed for my "first to last sleep" here in Ireland.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Hayley and I spent a day together. We went into Dublin and did some shopping, then we took the Luas (Louis) which is a tram into a place called Dundrum. There's a really big shopping center there, and a movie theater. We saw The Last Song together. It was a nice day. I'm glad to have gotten to spend a whole day with her before I leave.

Today was SO warm. It was 72 degrees! I have not felt sun actually beating down on me in "ages!" It was so enjoyable to just sit outside on the patio and eat breakfast and read. Diane did some garden work while I basked in the sun. Hayley and I also played a little "swing ball" which is sort of like tether ball, but the ball is a tennis ball and you use rackets to hit it. We also played some Hangman Deluxe which was "grand." She also helped me pack up all my things to go home, and she helped me weigh it to make sure I wasn't overweight.

At 6 we headed over to John and Nola's to have a dinner for Steph's family! Her parents and sister arrived yesterday to spend a week with her. It was a really great time, it's nice to be around people from Indiana!! AHH!

Tomorrow I am going to Hayley's school to spend the day. Diane works there as well. I think I'm just going to observe for the day. Then I'm going to Catherine's to have tea and say goodbye. Then I'll be going to bed for my last sleep in Ireland :)

Home on Tuesday night!!! And I will NOT be stuck by the volcano again this time.. I will NOT. I have been checking a website that shows which areas are affected daily, and for the past few days the only countries affected have been Finland, Sweden, and Norway. Volcano Eyjafjallajokull will not bring me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment